Loose skin and stubborn fat can plague the stomach region more than almost any other area of the body. When they do, it can seem that no amount of exercise or dieting can restore this area to a tight, firm look. A tummy tuck aims to do what nature cannot by restoring your stomach to a tight and toned look through a single procedure. Our Abdominoplasty procedure in Tampa has long been a popular option for patients who have lost significant weight or given birth and want to restore their bodies to a more vitalized look.
At SynergyMD, we focus on providing our patients with an optimized and transformative experience that gives them the results they want. We personalize every abdominoplasty to create an ideal outcome for each patient using modern techniques and the latest advancements. Contact us today to learn more and get started on finding your optimal tummy tuck plan today.
What Is an abdominoplasty ?
Abdominoplasty is a cosmetic procedure that targets excess skin or stubborn fat in the stomach region, resulting in a tighter look overall. In general a well-performed tummy tuck can benefit patients by:
- Removing or reducing stretch marks
- Enhancing the definition of the belly button
- Removing extra loose skin
- Tightening skin in the stomach area
- Repair and tighten abdominal muscles
- Creating a more narrow waistline
- Boosting overall confidence in your appearance
Types of abdominoplasty
Dr. Brown specializes in several variants of the tummy tuck procedure, each with its unique benefits.
- Mini Abdominoplasty : Targets the lower abdomen with a shorter scar. The belly button remains in place.
- Fully Tummy Tuck: A fully transformative procedure that addresses both lower and upper abdomen.
- Extended Abdominoplasty : Ideal for patients who have lost significant weight and need additional contouring.
- Reverse Tummy Tuck: Pulls the skin upward instead of downward.
- Hourglass Tummy Tuck: Combines a tummy tuck with liposculpture and a Brazilian butt lift for a slimmer, enhanced figure.
- Lipoabdominoplasty: Combines a tummy tuck with liposculpture for additional contouring and definition.
Is an Abdominoplasty Right for Me?
Abdominoplasty can be an ideal procedure for both men and women who want to improve the contour and appearance of their stomach area. If you are close to your ideal weight, then you could be a good candidate for one of our tummy tuck options.
The first step is to schedule your consultation with Dr. Brown for an abdominoplasty . With a full examination and an in-depth discussion of your goals, he can help you find the ideal treatment or combination of treatments to help you reach your expected goals.
Additionally, there are a few standards for the ideal candidate for a abdominoplasty. These include:
- Being in overall good health
- Avoiding smoking before and after the procedure
- Have healthy expectations for revision results
What Is the Recovery Like?
Your recovery timeline will depend on your individual health and the type of tummy tuck you received. Though everyone heals at their own rate, most patients take about two weeks off from work for the initial recovery period. Immediately following your abdominoplasty, you can expect some discomfort and swelling, but medication can manage these.
The first several weeks will require reduced activity, and only gradually can you return to your daily activities. Dr. Brown will provide you with complete instructions before your surgery so you can plan your recovery period appropriately. After about six weeks, you should be able to return to most activities with your surgeon’s approval. For any additional information during recovery, our staff are always here for you.
When Can I See Results?
While a tummy tuck results in immediate changes, your final results will be apparent once you have fully recovered. After several weeks, you should be able to see the beginnings of your results. However, only once the swelling completely goes away will your final abdominoplasty results be apparent. It may take some patience, but once your results are in, they will last for years. Still, it will be important to maintain a healthy weight to keep your tummy tuck results for as long as possible. Additional weight fluctuations (both weight gain and loss) can interfere with your results.
VIEW REAL PATIENT
BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY
Take the first step today toward achieving a stunning new look with a personalized abdominoplasty in Tampa at SynergyMD. Start by scheduling your consultation for a one-on-one meeting with your surgeon to learn more about getting your ideal results and see if it is right for you. We work closely with our patients at every step, ensuring you receive a fully-tailored experience that brings out the best results. Call SynergyMD or use our online form to lock in your consultation for a tummy tuck today!
AWARD WINNING PLASTIC SURGEON
Ask for our
Dr. Brown and Dr. Lombardi